Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Friday, March 1, 2013

Ginger Smells DELICIOUS

Hello,
My name is Diggity Dog and I am an extended member of Holly's furry family.  My dad asked Holly to marry him in January so soon we will all be official and therefore am now able to post to Holly's blog and call her "mom."  I have been given the very important job of ring bearer for the wedding.  I was chosen because Gingi would probably get lost on the way to the altar...or more likely...be distracted by the pig roast.  Popcorn can't hear anything and in my opinion is rather a dummy so although she is softest of all of us...she did not win the honor.  Bubbies the cat is missing...so he is out.  I can only guess that my mom will make me wear some kind of outfit...which I'm not super psyched about.  All in all though...I am very happy about the new arrangement.  My mom's house in Montana is very close the the most awesome dog park EVER.  My dad takes me there every day while mom is working.  Here is what happens at the dog park....first...whilst en route to this doggie paradise...I start to  get really excited.  Sometimes I put my large nose next to whomever is driving and start to shove it in their face.  Usually I am then shoved into the back seat.  Once we cross the train tracks in Whitefish, MT I start to make squeaking noises.  I just can't help it.  I can see the dogs running and playing.  Before we went to Montana to visit mom...I had never set paw in a dog park.  Sometimes I would cross paths with random dogs while walking along the roads in Driggs, Idaho...but I didn't understand the concept of "playing."  I am part heeler...and we have more of a herding agenda.  I was timid at first...and it was a bit of a junk show for mom and dad to herd all three of us (Gingi, Pcorn, and Myself) through the entrance gate.  Mom had to carry Gingi across the icy spots and basically drag Popcorn through the gate.  Popcorn (being somewhat of a dummy in my opinion...as stated above) doesn't really get the concept of the dog park.  she often just leans on the mommy and tries to herd anything with curly fur.  I mean seriously...that silly dog doesn't understand the difference between a poodle and a sheep.  She has improved with my help.  I am not the best at playing yet because I do have that heeler thing going on...but the shepherd in me can get into chasing balls and jumping around with the other dogs.  Gingi is the darling of the dog park.  Everyone wants to meet Gingi.  All the people look at her with "eyes of love" and concern.  She totters around the park oblivious to all the activity around her.  Sometimes she totters over to the corner of the fence and gets stuck and Mommy has to go and point her in the right direction.  You see...Gingi is geriatric to say the least...and she looks like a furry red fox.  Everyone...and I mean EVERYONE thinks she is adorable...even with her pasty weasel flaps (see previous blog post), missing eye, and general state of confusion.  They all want to pet her and seem to find her fascinating.  Most notable is how all the dogs in the park relate to Gingi.  Now...I'm not sure how many of you watch the TV series "True Blood" but I am privy to the story because mom and dad watch it.  In the story...fairies are creatures that vampires are intensely attracted to.  Whenever a vampire is in the vicinity of a fairy they are uncontrollably compelled to drink their blood because they smell so good.  They sniff the air and become obsessed.  Now we all know that dogs love all things stinky.  Gingi is stinky.  Her fur isn't stinky...but I believe that all exit and entry points on Gingi are intensely odorific.  When she enters the dog park...all dogs gather round her.  She is often followed on her totterings by several dogs that are uncontrollably compelled by her scent.  Of course Gingi herself is oblivious to the attention.  Mom and dad now refer to her as "Fae" or "the Dog Park Fairy."  All in all...I love the dog park.  Most importantly...the dog park makes my mom and dad laugh.  It is a happy place for dogs and people.

No comments:

Post a Comment