Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Where is Mondo?...and other disappointments in Denver

Holly here.  I arrived in Denver yesterday evening only to find that I had been booked for the wrong shuttle (to the hotel).  I spent an extra two hours at the airport waiting for the correct shuttle.  This wait would have been so much better had I replicated the experience of one Molly McSwain who had the fortune of meeting Mondo Guerra in the Denver airport a couple of months ago in baggage claim.  Mondo was tiny and colorful as expected.  Molly immediately texted me despite the late hour.  She knew that I was perhaps her only friend who would share in her joy.  Most, in fact, responded to her Facebook post about this encounter with a resounding "who is Mondo?"  I, on the other hand, was overcome with joy.  Mondo is one of my VERY FAVORITE Project Runway designers.  Molly seriously disappointed me when she neglected to have her picture taken with Mondo.  Now I am doubly disappointed because he was not in the baggage claim of the Denver airport on MY trip.  How dare he not hang out there all the time to say hello to his fans!

So...Denver airport...no shuttle...no Mondo...sigh.  However, I was somewhat consoled when the shuttle arrived and on the way to Lakewood, took a detour into downtown Denver where I enjoyed the city lights.  My favorite sight?  The very strange enormous bear statue outside the convention center.  Instead of facing away from the building as most, if not all statues do...this bear faces INTO the building...so that once inside...you feel as if it is staring at you.  VERY COOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment